Travelling inspires emotions that are impossible to describe. However, there always some lines that always seem to capture the many feelings we experience while travelling.
- “I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read in the train.” – Oscar Wilde
Creating memories is the reason we live. As Oscar Wilde says, nothing should be more sensational as your life and you can achieve this by travelling!
- “A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for” – John A. Shedd
Playing it safe never got anyone anywhere. Risk takers always create their mark in history. Risk takers are the ones that truly live. Take the option to travel and explore and experience! Why? Because you can.
- “The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” – Saint Augustine
New people, new cultures, new places. Fill out the pages of the book that is your life. Seeing the same people, going to the same places again is like re reading the same page over and over again. Don’t be predictable!
- “What you’ve done becomes the judge of what you’re going to do – especially in other people’s minds. When you’re traveling, you are what you are right there and then. People don’t have your past to hold against you. No yesterdays on the road.” – William Least Heat Moon
Letting go of everything can be scary and exciting at the same time. This includes everything that is negative that plagues your life as well! And who doesn’t think that is an exciting prospect? Travelling allows you to do that. Travelling gives you the opportunity to experience complete joy.
- “You lose sight of things… and when you travel, everything balances out.” – Daranna Gidel
Perspective is the gift every single trip you take will give you. This perspective lets you see every relationship and every situation in new light. It lets you balance things out.
- “People don’t take trips . . . trips take people.” – John Steinbeck
To completely feel without thinking is the only way to truly experience a place. Immersing and losing yourself to the place is what makes travelling so enticing. Let the trip take you to wherever you need to go.
- “To get away from one’s working environment is, in a sense, to get away from one’s self; and this is often the chief advantage of travel and change.” – Charles Horton Cooley
Doing the same thing day in and day out, over and over again will only standardize or streamline the process. To grow, to change, to evolve you need to get away from the process and come back to it with a new perspective. Travelling paves the way to change.
- “We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” – Jawaharal Nehru
Here are a few more quotes for you to read when you’re on the cusp of beginning a new adventure:
- “I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.” – Mary Anne Radmache
- “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
- “We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.” – Anonymous
- “Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all of one’s lifetime.” – Mark Twain
- “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” – Andre Gide
- “Ones destination is never a place but a new way of seeing things” – Henry Miller
- “Once you have travelled, the voyage never ends, but is played over and over again, in the quietest chambers. The mind can never break off from the journey.” – Pat Conroy
- “We wander for distraction; we travel for fulfillment” – Hillaire Belloc
- “Wandering reestablished the original harmony which once existed between man and universe” – Anatole France
- “And if travel is like love, it is, in the end, mostly because it’s a heightened state of awareness, in which we are mindful, receptive, undimmed by familiarity and ready to be transformed. This is why the best trips, like the best love affairs, never really end.” – Pico Iyer
- “All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.” – Martin Buber
- “Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta